Award ceremonies happen every once in a while here at happily AFTER ever. And when it does, I like to go big. I've been the recipient of a few rewards as of late and what better reason for handing these lovelies out than it being the middle of the week and people needing a bit of a kick to get through the day.
Buckle up, here we go.
AlphaButtonpusher and Otherworldlyone proved that great minds really do think alike when both gave me this interesting and fun award. If you need a quick pick-me-up these girls are the perfect medicine. Different topics and styles of writing, both addictive in their own unique way.
The rules for this award are as follow:
1. Answer the questions below using only one word
2. Thank the blogger who gave it to you
3. Pass it on to 6 of your favorite bloggers
Without further ado:
1. Where is your cell phone? Close
2. Your hair? Blond
3. Your mother? Confidant
4. Your father? Difficult
5. Your favorite food? Mom's macaroni and cheese (you try saying that in one word, okay!)
6. Your dream last night? Tiring
7. Your favorite drink? JackD
8. Your dream/goal? Published
9. What room are you in? Bedroom
10. Your hobby? High maintenance (it takes time to perfect and yes, I'm cheating. Again.)
11. Your fear? Dark
12. Where do you want to be in six years? Earth
13. Where were you last night? Dreams
14. Something that you aren't? Rich
15. Muffins? Heart
16. Wish list item? Worldpeace ;)
17. Where did you grow up? House
18. Last thing you did? Bath
19. What are you wearing? PJ
20. Your TV? Big
21. Your pets? Priceless
22. Friends? Love
23. Your life? Alright
24. Your mood? Stable
25. Missing someone? Monique
26. Vehicle? Quasimodo
27. Something you're not wearing? Make-up
28. Your favorite store? All
29. Your favorite color? Pink
30. When was the last time you laughed? Morning
31. Last time you cried? Saturday
32. Your best friend? Forever
33. One place that I go to over and over? Kitchen
34. One person who emails me regularly? Frenchie
35. Favorite place to eat? Mom's
The next award is from f8hasit. This gorgeous lady is fierce, brave and funny. Being a single mother doesn't stop her from living an amazing life and reading about her experiences saves me many trips to the library in search of interesting material
The award is to 'honor those who write from the heart'. That in itself is quite a compliment. I know many of you have this award already, but for those of us who haven't received this one yet the rules state that I should tell you 10 things about myself you don't already know and then pass it on to 10 bloggers of note.
1. When I was seven I almost drowned.
2. I always take a bath or shower with the bathroom door open.
3. Growing up I read all my brother's love letters that were locked away in a drawer and kept my mom informed on what was happening in that department because teenage boys can be so secretive. I was a lock picker extraordinaire.
4. I don't wear any jewelry other than earrings and my watch.
5. I grow orchids in my study. It's the easiest plant I have ever grown as I water it once every ten days and just watch it blossom into gorgeous pieces of art. Yes, I am aware of the fact that there's a granny hidden beneath these voluptuous layers of skin.
6. I only have black and pink shoes in my closet.
7. Whenever I'm nervous or bored I chew my pinky nails.
8. I have never been away from home for more than three weeks.
9. My tonsils had to be taken out when I was 20. It felt like there was a dragon trapped in my throat for five days. Great diet, though.
10. Roses are overrated. My favorite flowers are daisies.
The 10 recipients of the Honest Scrap award (and if you already have this one, just bow graciously and put it on your mantelpiece twice) are:
Josefine tagged me in a meme the other day stating the following: create 5 categories each containing 5 favorite items of said category but without necessarily being listed in any particular order. Then tag 5 people to do the same.
Confusing? Nah, just hop over to her blog and her humor and great outlook on life will cure any of those thoughts.
I decided to combine the Honest Scrap Award and this meme because I'm lazy and I know you are ADD and can't sit still for more than four minutes and thirty five seconds. That means I listed my ten favorite random things already and now for the rest:
5 favorite items I can't go without:
2. contact lenses
4. hair dryer
5. petrol (these boots definitely weren't made for walking considering their price tag)
5 favorite characters in a television series:
1. Tony Sopprano (The Soppranos)
2. Lorelai Gilmore (Gilmore Girls)
3. Dean Winchester (Supernatural)
4. Castle (Castle)
5. Izzy Stevens (Grey's Anatomy)
5 things I will not likely be caught doing (this is a little variation on the favorite theme):
1. picking my nose in public (social status killer)
2. going to a Jonas Brothers concert
3. wearing a Man Utd shirt
4. eating avocado
5. having a drink right out of the bottle. One word: syphilis-of-the-mouth.
The 5 people who I'd like to do the 5 favorite things meme are:
The next award is from my favorite boys Matthew and Dan. Matthew recently moved-blog, but the writing is still brilliant and I'm still envious. You'll never be able to read Dan's blog without some kind of smile and don't be surprised when you find yourself unable to stay away from his archives. Both these men's brains should be preserved and studied.
And the award goes to:
Kasabiangirl made my day with this great award. Just reading or hearing someone say they like your blog makes you feel kind of worthy and wanted. I hope the following recipients will feel the same way:
AlpHaButtonpusher gave me this wonderfully French award which I really love. Doesn't everything just sound better in French? Passing this on to:
There you go. Give yourself a big round of applause; I would, but I can't feel my fingers anymore. Enjoy these awards and remember to spread the love.