Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Online chatting: always telling the truth about yourself or not?!

(another one from http://www.postsecret.com/; go check out this amazing website)
So I'm feeling much better (thank you for asking!), but haven't been out and about mingling and cocktailing as it's fragile times money-wise and I'm just not feeling ready to give up my self-quarantined state. Therefore I've been exploring the art of online chatting and discovered some new material to add to my theory of "The Man Test" ;-)

Online chatting can be a crazy addictive thing for some people, I discovered. It's like creating a whole new identity of someone you want to be. I met this guy while playing poker that just started chatting me up. I suspect it's because of the picture I posted, in fact, I'm a 100 000% sure it was because of my endearing, naughty little smirk on the photo (remember: men see better than they think!). He wasn't anything near Hollywood-hunk material, but I was bored and curious to see where it would go. And boy oh boy, did HE go!

Let's call him Busy B for the sake of fictional truth :)

This chap didn't hold back: 30, from London, seeking serious relationship (as in I-want-to-have-your-babies), been in prison for a few years, but happily rehabilitated, very willing and very able on all fields according to his vital stats. In some ways I felt flattered, I mean, everyone has a Michael Scofield-fantasy, right?!

Soon before long his questions started bordering on third base-material. I was thinking: slow down, sailor! but couldn't help entertaining the thought of where Busy B thought this actually might go?! I know people meet over the Internet and make a connection (no pun intended), but surely not after the first couple of pickup lines? Pickup lines such as: "I find you so intriguing and mysterious" (LOL!), "Your eyes are as deep as the ocean", oh and my favourite: "If I received a nickel for everytime I saw someone as beautiful as you, I'd have five cents." In what bar did he hear that one?!

So after I get over being mysterious and intriguing and all (by not giving him my number!), it finally came to me: I was just the Typing test!!!

Now those of you that didn't have typing at school, preparing for a typing test is very, very easy: you just use all the practical knowledge you gained during the term. You hardly even look at the material the day before the test because you know you've done this a million times before and allthough there's always room for error, you trust yourself enough to go through the motions instinctively and even pass with distinction! The practical knowledge you require in typing is always very handy in the technological age we live in these days ... Am I right or am I right?!

Needless to say: I became a busy bee myself and been too busy to get back to the empty little promises Busy B so readily made :)

Until the next test!

No comments: